WordPress 6.4, set to be released on November 7, 2023, brings several exciting updates and features. Here’s what you can expect:
- Gutenberg Improvements: WordPress continues to refine its block editor, Gutenberg. WordPress 6.4 includes updates to Gutenberg, building upon enhancements introduced in previous versions .
- Diverse Leadership: The release of WordPress 6.4 is being led by a release squad representing an underrepresented gender, showcasing WordPress’s commitment to diversity and inclusion .
- Global Collaboration: The WordPress community collaborates globally to develop new features and improvements. Discussions and contributions from WordPress enthusiasts worldwide shape the final release .
- Versatile Default Theme: WordPress 6.4 will introduce a versatile default theme, providing a fresh and modern look for your websites .
For more detailed information and updates, you can refer to the official WordPress sources and announcements, including the WordPress news blog and the Gutenberg posts mentioned in the search results .
WordPress 6.4 Beta 2 is now available for testing!
This beta version of the WordPress software is under development. Please do not install, run, or test this version of WordPress on production or mission-critical websites. Instead, it is recommended you evaluate Beta 2 on a test server and site.
You can test WordPress 6.4 Beta 2 in four ways:
- Plugin: Install and activate the WordPress Beta Tester plugin on a WordPress install (select the “Bleeding edge” channel and “Beta/RC Only” stream).
- Direct download: Download the Beta 2 version (zip) and install it on a WordPress website.
- Command line: Use the following WP-CLI command:
wp core update --version=6.4-beta2
- Local environment: Use
wp-nowto set up a Node.js-based WordPress 6.4 Beta 2 install locally. Learn more in this guide.