Before importing demo content, make sure the theme required plugin (Control listings) is activated.
Here are step-by-step instructions for importing the Citykid demo using the WordPress importer plugin:
1. Log in to your WordPress website dashboard and navigate to the “Tools” tab on the left-hand side of the screen.
2. Click on the “Import” option and you will see a list of different importer plugins. Select “WordPress” from the list.
3. If you don’t have the WordPress importer plugin installed, you will be prompted to install it. Click on the “Install Now” button to install it.
4. Once the plugin is installed, click on the “Run Importer” link.
5. On the next screen, you will be asked to choose the file you want to import. Click on the “Choose File” button and navigate to the Citykid demo file you downloaded.
6. Select the file(demo-content.xml) and click on the “Upload file and import” button.
7. On the next screen, you will be asked to choose the author for the imported content. You can either create a new user or assign the content to an existing user.
8. You can also choose to import attachments, such as images, by checking the “Download and import file attachments” box.
9. Click on the “Submit” button to start the import process.
10. Once the import process is complete, you will see a success message. You can then navigate to the relevant pages on your website to see the imported content.
That’s it! You have now successfully imported the Citykid demo using the WordPress importer plugin.